PNR Status of Train
Follow these steps to Check the PNR Status of the train, if you do have not a ticket PNR number. Find the IRCTC PNR number on the top left corner of the ticket. If you are booking online then also check your mail id or SMS, which was sent by the registered website.
Indian Railways (IRCTC) provide you with 10 digital PNR number at the time of booking. PNR status train ticket confirmation checking after enter the PNR number.
If you have any issues checking PNR status, then I suggest you visit the Indian Railway website.
Online enquiry at IRCTC customer care number is not too easy as compared to check PNR Status Online.
More of the time you need to get a prediction for waitlisted tickets, so you can easily check online with trusted websites.
What is a PNR Status?
At the time of train ticket booking, Indian railway IRCTC provides you unique 10 digit number to track your ticket status. This number is the key to figure a type of information about your train reservation. That 10 digit number is called a PNR (Passenger Name Record).
No matter you are PNR status enquiry online or physically, because of both ways are available.
If you are doing a group booking then note with the single PNR number can only provide you with maximum six-passenger status.
On PNR Status Given Details:
- Passenger Seat Information: Profile Details, Coach & Seat number, Waitlist Information, if applicable.
- Reservation Against Cancellation – RAC, if applicable.
- CNF – Confirmation of the ticket without any seat number. Important: Final seats are shown after the chart is prepared in such cases.
- Class of Travel & Fare
- Chart Status is Prepared, Show you in the form of – (Yes/No)
- Train Number & Name
- Ticket Booking Status & Current Status (e.g. GNWL 15 / S2, 18)
- Boarding time from source station & Reaching time at the destination station.
- Journey Time
To know more about PNR Status (Passenger Name Record), Check below FAQs.
Where is PNR Number in Train Ticket?
Most probably the PNR number is sent through SMS and email, in the case of online ticket booking. But the case of physically on the station train ticket booking that PNR number is mention on the ticket top left side.
And Don’t forget the code is provided by IRCTC is a unique 10 digit number. You can also be seen in the below-given image.
6 Ways to Check PNR Status of Train Ticket
Numbers of ways are available to check the PNR status of train ticket. 6 ways to get the status of your ticket given below:
1. Check IRCTC PNR Status Online
To check the PNR status online, you need to follow these steps:
- First, you need to find the PNR 10 digit number on your train ticket. Its available top left side of the ticket.
- To check the online PNR Status visit IRCTC PNR Status website.
- Enter your PNR (Passenger Name Record) number and click on Get PNR Status.
- Your PNR Status will show up with information regarding your train ticket booking.
2. Get PNR Status on indianrail.gov.in website
Indian rail official website is designed by CRIS (Centre for Railway Information Systems). It manages & develops most of the important information of the Indian railways.
Indianrail.gov.in was established by India’s Ministry of Railways in 1986. Simply visit the website and enter your PNR number and check status.
3. Check the status on irctc.co.in
To PNR status train ticket confirmation checking you can also visit IRCTC Official site.
If you have booked your tickets from IRCTC website you can log in to their website and go to Booked Ticket History > E-Tickets > Get PNR Status.
IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) handles the following three operations
- online ticketing operations.
4. Find PNR status via SMS
To check PNR status by SMS the following steps are:
- Type “PNR (10-digit PNR Number)” and send it to 139.
- Type “PNR (10-digit PNR Number)” and send it to 5676747.
Example: PNR 224 2560016
*Standard SMS charges would be applied.
5. Check IRCTC PNR Status on the Mobile App?
To check PNR status on the mobile app you need to download IRCTC – Where is my train app which was available on google play store.
Here you can not only check the PNR status as well as access more features like Train ticket booking, cancellation, Refund status, meal booking.
6. Contact IRCTC and Indian Railway Enquiry Number?
if you are physically available on the railway station then you visit Railway enquiry counters.
- Helpline | Indian Railway Enquiry Number: 1800 110 139 / 0755 – 6698100 / 4090400
- Passenger Helpline Number: 138
If you have booked the ticket through IRCTC Official:
If you have booked the ticket through IRCTC – Where is my Train
- I-tickets/e-tickets: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Cancellation E-tickets: email@example.com
You may also contact Indian Railways Seva on Twitter @RailwaySeva
List of Question for Train PNR Status?
What are the confirmation chances for my waitlisted train ticket?
While booking a ticket with the Indian railway network, there are most of the chances you get a waitlisted ticket.
And If you are on the Waiting List then the chances of you getting a guaranteed seat are possible if other travellers cancel their tickets.
So it is important to know your ticket confirmation chance and also the updates for your waitlist.
Different Waitlist Tickers Confirmation on PNR Number
- RAC – Reservation Against Cancellation, the passenger is allowed to travel and two passengers share the same place. If a confirmed passenger does not board the train, a full berth is allotted to the passenger with RAC ticket.
- CNF – The passenger seat has been confirmed and the seat will be allotted after charting
- CAN – The passenger seat has been cancelled
- WL – The passenger with WL ticket is in the waiting list and is not allowed to board the train. A waitlist ticket can be cancelled by the passenger 30 minutes before the departure of the train. If a WL does not get confirmed, it gets cancelled automatically.
- GNWL (General Waiting List) – Highest confirmation chances
- RLWL (Remote Location Waiting List) – Fewer chances of confirmation
- CKWL (Tatkal Waiting List) – GNWL tickets are preferred over Tatkal tickets hence CKWL Confirmation chances are low compared to GNWL
- PQWL (Pooled Quota Waiting List) – Fewer chances of confirmation, Quota shared between several stations
- RLGN (Remote Location General Waiting List) – Fewer chances of confirmation, when user books ticket under RLWL
- RQWL (Request Waiting List) – Fewer chances of confirmation
- RSWL (Roadside Station Waiting List) – Fewer chances of confirmation.
What is Waiting List and RAC?
Indian railway released RAC seats for railway reservation when all available seats are sold and When all of the RAC seats are sold, then waitlist tickets are released.
Ticket cancellations by passengers can increase your chance if your ticket is in the waitlist.
Different quotas seats are available for RAC/WL if they remain unused.
Tickets are sold by the Indian Railways in the following order:
- WL 02
- WL 02
- WL 01
- RAC 04
- RAC 03
- RAC 02
- RAC 01
- Available 01
- Available 02
6 Trusted Online PNR Status Check Websites
There is the number of online PNR status website are available. but 6 trusted on google website I have mentioned in my list. For more information, you can check the sperate Term & Condition on every website.